What’s Young Farmers about?
The first and most important thing is, no, you don’t have to be a farmer to be a Young Farmer! So now check out this list – if you can answer yes to any of these questions it’s time to think about joining your local Young Farmers’ Club
- Do you want to meet people your own age and make new friends?
- Are you aged between 10 and 30?
- Are you interested in the countryside and rural issues?
- Would you like an active social life?
- Would you like the chance to travel at home and abroad?
- Do you want to learn some new skills?
- Do you want to have fun?
These are just some of the things you can do if you join your local Young Farmers’ Club. And remember, you really don’t have to be a farmer to join! We have members from all walks of life – students to surveyors, mechanics to teachers, and yes, quite a few farmers too. As long as you have an interest in the countryside and rural issues you’ll be made very welcome.
So if you want a good social life, want to put something back into the community, want to feel good about yourself and what you’ve achieved, want to learn some new skills, are up for a challenge, want a laugh and to be part of a team – join your local Young Farmers’ Club!!